An ode to my BFF

11/30/2007
I think a person is lucky in life if they are to find another soul who gets them in and out in everyway, a person who knows your flaws and loves you for them. I know people have searched their whole life for such a connection. I am thankful that I was able to find that other person so early on in life. BFF and I met working in retail of all things, we were friendly and nice but it wasn’t an “instant” connection per say. We got along had fun working together and gradually started hanging out. Our actual can’t live without this person in my life came in the time that BFF was pregnant and had her first child. For a year I was driving every weekend to hang out with her, her husband, and her beautiful baby girl.

Here is something that I knew before we became attached at the hip I knew that she and I were too much alike NOT to become close friends. Our husband’s (at the time we met boyfriend/fiancĂ©) birthdays were the same day, our backgrounds extremely similar (small towns), similar life experiences. I knew that too many things fit just right that I prayed that we would become great friends, I am glad to say that pray was answered.

We had a falling out; it was the longest year of my life as well as the loneliest. Thanks to her being braver than me we reconciled and the past is just that, the past. We have learned from it and damn if I ever let that happen again.

She is my guinea pig on all of my projects; she has always gotten hand made items from me. She is my biggest cheerleader in everyway. I know that if I am unsure of myself she will be in my corner cheering me on. She believes in me in a way a parent does for their own child, effortlessly and whole heartedly. She is an inspiration to me. She is an amazing mother and I look to her for advice and a shoulder on those hardest of days as a mom. She enjoys the same things as me and we could spend an entire day antiquing. We just get each other.

We live a decent distance away from each other but we always make time to see each other. Right now it is about once a month whether she comes down to visit or we go up to her home. I am not much a phone person but when we do get a chance of some sort of silence (hard with three kids between us) we do chat and laugh on the phone. Emails and cards are sent. I keep in better contact with her than anyone in my family but it makes sense because she is my family. You can’t pick your family, but you can pick your BFF, and they become family if you are lucky.

Now I just hope she is still my BFF after I have posted these goofy photos of her! (She said she has no shame, I just want to see if that is true! *smile*)



**If you cant tell these photos were taken after a little too many drinks were drunk. That girl sure knows how to throw a party!**

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW, I have the bestest BFF EVER!!! Love you!!!!!

-BFF

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails