Recap from the week

8/24/2007


Mon- Tues: stomach flu
Wed: cutting out skirts
Thursday: sewing like a mad women
Friday: packing and cleaning

We leave for Hawaii early tomorrow morning. 10+ hours on a plane with Leila makes me nervous beyond belief but we will get through it. When we get there as a treat I am buying way too many Japanese craft books and splurging at this AMAZING flea market.

I am happy to report that I was able to sew 6 total skirts (not shown a white and black polka dotted skirt and a blue skirt) for the trip so I only need to pack one pair of trusty jeans and I am set! Normally on trips I will spend a fortune on new clothes just as a treat for going on vacation ( I know call me crazy I can take it) this time I spent a total of $10 for all of my skirts! I am super proud of my thrifty/cheap self!

We will be back after labor day and the extended blog break will be officially over!

6 Comments:

emily said...

absolutely adorable skirts!! have a great time in hawaii . . . i went in '95 and can't wait until the day i get to go back!

Unknown said...

Way to go, chica!!!! Your hard work will pay off! Enjoy Hawaii! And don't worry about the flight. We flew with Noah to Hawaii from here when he was 7-1/2 months old. I was absolutely surprised how well he did. The great thing is, the flight attendants in a flight as long as that, really come through for you! You'll do fine . . . I have a feeling you will post with good flying news with Leila. Have fun and drink some Kona coffee for me!!

love,
val

Little ol' Me said...

have a great time! I flew from Seattle to Hawaii with our two year old this Spring, it wasn't bad at all.

Pack a little bag with snacks and quiet toys and you'll be fine!

Have a safe trip! You're skirts are ADORABLE and you simply must put up a tutorial or share the pattern info when you get back!
Tiffany
scrapsadaisy.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

gorgeous skirts! I bet you are having a fab time in Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late and a dollar short again, but have a FABULOUS time on your trip!

And the skirts are AWESOME! You did a truly wonderful job with them!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. Your new skirts are all delightful! And what a bargain too :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails