5/31/2008

My Grandma was sweet enough to send me home a few weekends ago with a large bag of rhubarb and her recipe for Rhubarb Kuchen. She told me how to prepare it and sent me on my way. I brought the Kuchen to work and only a small sliver remained (an office of 8 people) at the end of the day. A success I would say. I am new to cooking with Rhubarb so if you have any recipes you would like to share I would be more than happy to give them a try!


Rhubarb Kuchen

9” x 13” pan, 350 degree oven


Crust – don’t bake. 2 c. flour, ¾ c. butter,

½ tsp. Baking Powder, pinch salt, 1 egg,

3 tblsp. milk. Mix & spread in pan.


Sprinkle on crust 4 c. raw diced rhubarb.

Sprinkle 1 small pkg strawberry jello over it.

Beat 3 eggs, 1 ½ c. sugar, 2 tblsp. flour,

¾ c. milk, & ½ tsp. cinnamon. Pour

mixture over rhubarb. Bake 45 minutes.


Mix ½ c. sugar, ½ c. flour & 2 tblsp. butter.

Sprinkle over the top and continue baking

45 minutes more. (total baking is 1 ½ hrs.)


Refrigerate leftovers. (If there are any)

4 Comments:

sulu-design said...

Awesome - I'd just decided that I needed to attempt something with rhubarb, now I've got an option! Rhubarb is on all of the menus in restaurants in my area right now and I'm dying to have a go at it myself. Thanks!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thant looks good - I love Rhubarb!

Julie said...

I just saw and copied your recipe. We have rhubarb in our backyard and I am always interested in new and delicious things to do with it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Julie said...

I made the kuchen this weekend! Lucky for me my sons decided rhubarb was not their thing! This is delicious. I'm so glad I tried the recipe! And glad I found your blog again as I wanted to thank you.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails