Me traditional?

9/09/2007
I finally started work on my quilt for my most recent secret swap. My partner has requested something on the lines of traditional. I thought it would be a challenge but once I found the fabric a pattern was soon to follow and magically it all came together I think.


First a pile of triangles



That I really like to hang from the light fixtures



Set out the design matching up the coloring till it is just right


All sewn together (yea!)


I love doing doll quilts. I cut out all of the triangles on a separate day but I pieced them all together and sewn the front all in a night (half during nap time half during quiet play time). I am pretty thrilled about the traditional look of it and for the most part it all lines up (not completely but enough that I am satisfied). Now for the backing, probably will keep it pretty simple for traditions sake. The colors arent the most traditional "fall colors" but to me this screams fall. I guess I have a little traditionalism in me, who knew?

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you make sure that all of your triangles get stitched together in the right order? I'm working on a quilt for my daughter and it was hard making sure everything wound up in the order I put them in.

Amanda Jean said...

I LOVE your quilt. It's so adorable. I also admire you for working with triangles. (something that I hate to do!)

Anne Ida said...

This is a wonderful little quilt! Love it! Whomever your partner is will be very pleased!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails