Cooking is my new art

1/17/2007
I dont know why really but sewing has lately taken the back burner. I think is has a little to do with my daughter, she is going to be 8 months and is full in the teething stage and right now there isnt really much I can do besides walk her around the apartment she doesnt want to sit or lay down just walk. Its hard to sew on the go. Though I am trying to figure out a way!

The one thing I am able to do is to cook though they have to be quick meals. It has been a few years since I actually cooked on a regular basis thanks to my husband being an excellent cook and wanting to make me dinner.

I found this great recipe for Spaghetti Squash which I have wanted to try forever and I finally made it:

Cheesy Spaghetti Squash


1 lrg spaghetti squash (you want to pick one with a hard shell)
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup of chopped tomatoes (I cheated and used a can of tomatoes that were seasoned with basil, oregano, and garlic to give it an even more Italian feel)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Pierce squash several times with a fork or knife to allow steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH for 10 min or just until soft, turning over after 5 min. Let stand for 5 min.

Cut squash in half, remove and discard seeds. Using a fork scrape the insides of the squash to form strands, place in bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss lightly with a fork. Spoon into one of the squash shells; discard remaining squash shell

Microwave on High 2 min or until heated through.

Its a quick and simple meal, it has great texture and wonderful flavor even as a left over.

It is times like this when I think I could become a vegetarian again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails