No Betty Crocker, but I try

10/30/2007

Wow it’s been 5 days since my last post. Not a lot going on, so not a lot to say. Plus lighting around here sucks so no pretty pictures to appease you with either. I have been cooking a lot lately though. With the cool weather my stomach aches for soups. Ken recently had bought two large cauliflowers home and I decided to try a first for me, make cream of cauliflower soup.

I wasn’t going to try it alone so I whipped out my trusty (old) Betty Crocker and went to work. Side note, this cookbook was an estate sale find and my most practical purchase (how could I turn down such a pretty book), I sense a collection growing.




Cream of Cauliflower Soup

Melt over low heat:
3 tbsp. butter

Blend in:
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Remove from heat and stir in:
4 cups of milk
1 cup of cooked pureed cauliflower (I took one head of cauliflower cooked it until it was mushy, took 3/4 it and pureed it and took the other 1/4 and left larger pieces for texture)

I then put it back on low-medium heat and stirred (keep stirring I didn’t let it settle at all) until the milk warmed up. I also added in some parsley for additional spices. It makes a great leftover the soup thickens up after cooling and reheating.

The bread I made as well from this great recipe. (I substituted have of the white flour for wheat flour)

1 Comments:

elizabeth said...

oh it looks yummy!!!

hey girlie i'm your domestic bliss partner...well actually i'm the one sending to you. i woulda contacted ya earlier, but for some reason your information went to my spam folder....grrrr!!

great blog and hope you enjoy the goodies i have planned to send ya :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails