Its all about the comfort

2/13/2008

Comfort food that is. As of yesterday this area of Wisconsin (Madison area) hit an all time record of snow for the winter season we are currently at 79 inches and have still another month (at least) to go. We are sick of being holed up in the house I know many families are feeling cabin fever, we fight it by comfort food. I have made so much chocolate chip pumpkin bread this season its ridiculous. But you know what? It keeps me and Leila sane (Ken doesnt like pumpkin) and that is all that matters.




Here are my three favorite recipes as of late:

Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Tip: I use a cup of soy that I puree instead of the eggs (makes it even more moist, found the subsitution via a vegan cooking site, seriously how did people cook before the internet?!?!?!) and go half and half with the white and wheat flour.

Creamy Rice Pudding
Tip: I cut out the 1/2 cup of the milk at the end and use water instead. I also dont use the raisins more because I dont have them in the house rather than I dont want to.

Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Tip: this one is very step organized its not a fast easy whip up but it is OH SO GOOD if you have the time to make it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. We are in Wauwatosa and I am so sick of this dang snow and cold. Plus, I'm trying to lose weight so comfort food is, well, not so comforting right now! I have a different recipe for pumpkin bread that turned out great. I didn't think I liked pumpkin before this recipe!

http://sassypriscilla.typepad.com/sassy_priscillas_craft/2007/11/pumpkin-chocola.html

julieree said...

oooh, chocolate chip pumpkin bread! dang that sounds good. And very cozy. :) Thanks for the link!

PicturesFromMe said...

know how you feel i had to miss work today cuzz of the snow! my baby sitter couldnt watch sid so mom was going to take her but because of the snow my was too scared to come here and i was too scared to let her come cuzz she dosent have a cell and if something would happen to her i would have felt like it was my fault i wouldnt be able to live with myself if anything ever happend to mom or dad cuzz of me! wow did i really get off track or what anyways know how you feel sis!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails