Handcrafter’ Holidays Meme

12/05/2007
Sew Mama Sew is having a Holiday Meme and I wanted to join in on the fun!

Gifts

Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?

Humorous t-shirts. I have a warpped sense of humor though so I am careful who I give these to and how far out there the humor goes. This year I got my daughter this.

If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
I did a whole long post so I am just going to link to it. A lot is all I can say!

Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
Last year my dad was giving me a hard time that I had stopped knitting once I started sewing, so I told him I would knit him something. I don’t think he believed me but the look on his face from christmas last year was priceless when he opened up his present and there was a scarf.

Do you have any great gift compilation ideas (a grouping of gifts just perfect for certain recipients?)
I love creating “themed” gifts. Here is a good one: make a simple throw blanket (just sew up two pieces of fleece) throw in a oldie but goodie DVD, or maybe a year subsricption to Netflixs, a mug, some hot coacoa and some kind of baked good (brownies, cookies, etc) and you have the perfect night in gift pack!

Name one thing on your personal wish list.
ANYTHING on my Etsy favorites list, it grows daily (sometimes hourly)

Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts?
Sure do!


Traditions

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
We have a young family so traditions are just starting to grow though I have started baking everything from scratch so I hope that becomes a tradition.

What do you love most about the holiday season?
The feel of it, it’s a good combination of the smells, the sights (I love christmas lights) and just the “good will towards men” vibe.

What do you like least about the holiday season?
The mall, so I don’t go near there!

What is your favorite holiday food?
My grandfather makes a traditional slovakian meatball that I wont even try to spell out and it is just amazing. Every year we look forward to them. Everyone in the family has tried to replicate his recipe but no one can make them as good as grandpa.

Do you have a great recipe to share?
Its not a holiday recipe for sure but I make a mean meatloaf and I love to have it during the winter months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails