More Information

10/09/2008
After multiple calls and emails from worried friends and family to know what the heck is going on I am sorry I left so little details yesterday I wasnt in a clear state of mind. Here is what I know of so far:

I had an ultrasound on Tuesday. Yesterday my doctor called, they are concerned that my fluids (amniotic) are low. I needed to come in and see him within the week to check for any sort of tear or leaking of my water. I will see my doctor late Monday (the 13th). I also needed to schecdule a new ultrasound at the actual hospital in the prenatal care unit because they have the 3D/4D ultrasound machine and should be able to see a little bit better just how low my levels are (the earliest appointment is next Friday 10/17).

I made the mistake of instantly looking up what low fluids meant and came to this website and all of my worries were brought right up in front of me. I am thankful for the internet but somedays there is too much information. There is a truth to be had about too much info at a time like this it just makes it that much worse!

I am not sure if everyone who reads my blog knows this, I had a miscarriage about a year and a half ago and even as time has past the fear of it happening again is so fresh in my mind that I went straight to a scared dark place that I knew I needed to get out of as fast as possible for the sake of my well being as well as the baby. I am a firm believer in positive thinking and what better way to get as much as I can to help my baby then to ask for prayer and strength from everyone and anyone who would offer it.

The baby from what I can tell is still ok, at the ultrasound on Tuesday the heart beat was there and our little baby all day yesterday kicked up a storm (more so than normal) as a way I think to say I am still here have faith! He/She hasnt kicked as much today but I still am feeling him/her and I am trying to be as optomistic as I can. But as many know it is easier said then done.

As soon as I know more I will share, please keep baby in your thoughts to stay strong, healthy and to keep growing.

15 Comments:

Katie Jean said...

I don't know exactly where you are in your pregnancy, but when I was pregnant, a stress test showed low levels of amniotic fluid at about 35 weeks. My doctor had me on partial bed rest and drinking A LOT of fluids.

I'll continue to pray for you guys, especially for that little one that he or she continues to grow strong!

Danetta said...

Glad to hear you are in a little better place with it and just letting you know the prayers are still with you and your family.

Ritapizza said...

I pray for everything to be ok, dear. *hugs*

~cjoy said...

I am lifting you and your baby up to the Throne right now...

(I found you by way of Samantha at A Handmade Dress)

Yvonne said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts. Keep thinking positive!!

Andrea said...

I will say a little prayer for you and the babe right now! I recently had a miscarriage too and I know all too well the darkness. Just pray and have faith!

Naomi said...

I delivered my stillborn twins at 21 weeks a year ago last May. When I got pregnant with Henri last November, every second of every day was filled with worry and distress. I just KNEW something was wrong. I must have been the most annoying OB patient ever, but going to a high risk clinic, I was welcome to come in anytime to just listen to his tiny heart thump.

Now, my nine week old, 12 lb. chunk of love is sleeping soundly in his Daddy's arms, and my two big girls are fighting over the other computer.

I am not usually one to pray, but in the past two years I have learned the power of it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure your little bean is healthy and perfect.

xxoo Naomi

Samantha Caffee said...

Oh sweet girl, I was away from home all day but I got your emails on my phone. I pulled the car over and read them and prayed for you. I just wish I could give you a huge hug. I am so sorry you are having a rough time. My friend had this same problem just inside of her third trimester, they put her in the hospital for three days and gave her loads of fluid. They did another ultrasound before they sent her home and it showed that she had plenty of fluid then. I hope it turnes out to be that simple for you. Make sure to drink plenty of water and get lots of rest!

I know that not knowing is a horrible thing to go through, it makes thing so hard.

I love you and I'm still praying!

xoxo,
Samantha

Stacey said...

I can help on this one! My first daughter had REALLY low fluid the whole time. She for some reason just didn't pee that much...so bedrest, and a 4 week early delivery otherwise PERFECT!!!!
The baby I am carrying now (33 weeks) is low fluid as well! No bed rest this time, I just get to look at her every 2 weeks and make sure there is still enough fluid. If you have any questions about it let me know...been in your spot x2 now! Good Luck!

The Stitching Surgeon said...

Still praying for you and your little one. Just rest up until then, try to think positive and drink plenty of fluids. One of the most common causes of low amniotic fluid is dehydration. Also, stay optimistic. Some ultrasounds can be off when measuring fluid and this could all turn out to just be a mis-measurement. Sending all my best. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep being positive! You , the baby and your the rest of the family are in my prayers!

Samantha Caffee said...

I'm checking in today to let you know I prayed for you this morning. I have been praying for a peaceful week for you and your little one, and a perfect sonogram next Friday.

When I had to wait over the weekend after they told me they found no heartbeat (5 weeks ago today) it was very hard at first. But then I started sewing and lined up a few projects that would keep me busy through the weekend, and even though all of those projects were made through tear filled eyes it did help to pass the time and keep my hands busy.

I wanted to tell you encouraging story. My baby sister found out at 18 weeks that she was carring twins, but not only that, the rarest form of twins. They actually shared the same amniotic sac and there was no membrane to separate them. There was a 50/50 chance of her delivering both girls alive and was a very high risk of the cords becoming entangled or one twin getting more nourishment than the other. WE PRAYED! AND PRAYED! Every Sunday at church the entire congregation lifted her and those tiny babies up in prayer. They were taken by c-section at 32 weeks, born in the same minute because they were literally tied together... when the doctors pulled out the entire cord they all wept to see SIX true knots in those umbilical cords! All the nuses and doctors were crying and praising God in the delivery room! The doctor came in to tell us how they were doing where we had all been praying in the lobby and he wept as he told us about our tiny 3lb and 4lb miracles! A cheer of praise filled the room as we all thanked God for answering our prayers. We know beyond a shadow of doubt that God fed those babies by hand! They stayed a short TWO WEEKS in the NICU and they were home! They were one year old last month and are still our sweet little miracle babies. Our sweet sweet girls Lily and Iris.


Love you,
Samantha

Rebecca said...

i wish that everything goes well for you this week, and through the rest of your pregnancy and that you receive good news at your upcoming doctor's appointments.

Anonymous said...

Yes, low fluid is a concern, but in my experience just something to watch. I will keep you in my thoughts,

Big hugs!

Xan said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails