Apple picking goodness

10/06/2008
I finally got to cross off a new item on my life list. Going to an apple orchard. BFF and I took our girls out to a nearby orchard and spent a good portion of the mid morning there.


The orchard is up on a high hill they have a nice grassy knoll that invites you to sit around hang out and let the kids run in the sun.



Looks of roaming was done while we were there. They actually have a historic landmark on the property. An old log cabin that if I remember correctly was built in the 1800's and was actually used as a home up into the mid 1920's. Needless to say it was a good education oppurtunity with BFFs 4 year old daughter. We got to teach her about outhouses *smile*



Oh and the leaves have started to fall so lots of leaves were thrown to recreate the falling leaves. This is one of my new favorite pictures of Leila.


And to end the trip, what better way than with carmel apples. I cant wait to go back next year!

4 Comments:

The Stitching Surgeon said...

looks like you all had a fun time...i love caramel apples...need to make some. :)

thrifty-fox said...

I love Ski-Hi.. My parents live about a 1/2 hour from there. I have not been there in years! There are some awesome apple orchards up here too! :)

Xan said...

oh, that looks like so much fun! and i can't get over the cuteness of that tiny brown coat. adorable.

sulu-design said...

A visit to an orchard is definitely on my fall to-do list. I love that picture of your daughter, too... such bliss!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails