Easy French Meringues

3/19/2007
Sick baby+sick husband = sick mommy

It has been a long couple of days in the midst of chicken soup and cough syrup, two more teeth have come in for my bebe. Two more look like they are about to make their debut, poor baby.

I have been in a pile of fabric and have been mad busy unfortunately I dont have much to show just piles of WIP.


I do have a one thing to show though these extremely yummy, extremely easy, and extremely low maintenance cookies!

Ingredients:
4 egg whites (I set the eggs to bring them to room temperature)
3 cups of confectioners' sugar
1 tsp of vanilla (optional)
1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)

1) Preheat the oven to 185 degrees F. Butter and flour baking sheets (I have to use multiple baking sheets)

2) in a glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy using an electric mixer. Sprinkle in sugar a little at a time, while continuing to whip at medium speed. When the mixture becomes stiff and shiny like satin, stop mixing and transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag. (I personally dont have a pastry bag so I used a quart size zipploc bag). Pipe the meringue out onto the prepared baking sheet(s) using a large round tip or star tip.(if available)

3) Place the meringues in the oven and bake for 3 hours, or until the meringues are dry and can easily be removed from the baking sheet(s). Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.

(recipe thanks to allrecipes.com)

See I told you, this is the ultimate forget about cookie, or for me make the whole house smell so yummy and torture me since I lack patience!

2 Comments:

Alida Sharp said...

sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmm! Sorry to hear you've been sick in your house, too! It's going around, even in the cyber world :):)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails