Making memories

9/19/2011




Sometime last week the kids and I made sugar cookies. This was after weeks of pleas from Leila to do so. Finally after I mentally prepared myself and had all the ingredients on hand I obliged. I love the idea of making cookies but actually making them I dread, and in the moment I got frustrated, after one round of rolling out the dough and cutting out the shapes Leila asked if we were done. From that moment on it was me rolling out the dough and cutting out the shapes as the kids used some of the dough to create creatures of their imagination. So in the moment I was so unhappy looking back it was a happy memory making cookies and my kids just being kids.

What I'm trying to say is that I need to learn how to look in the moment and find the positives, the memory making moments and really process the good and evaluate the bad and ask myself the tough questions of what is so bad and really shine light on it.

Mommahood is not for the weak of heart and to me some days it feels like a test I keep failing. But ultimately I will only find out how I did as my little ones grow up. So I take it a day at a time moment by moment when I have to. And when it gets bad I have a good cry. But let me tell you when it is good(which most days it us) it is so good and I thank the lord everyday good or bad.

Hopefully things are settling around here. I miss this space and connecting. Mommahood can be pretty lonely so let's connect and have tea/coffee and share our woes and triumphs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails